Hyperion, Quality R/C Products
» Europe | » Worldwide

EOS 0720i Super DUO3 launched

The wait is finally over. The most versatile and powerful multi-chemistry charger in the market is now underways and expected to arrive at the EU warehouse at January 20th – around the same date in the other major markets, too.

Sporting two displays for better overview, 2 identical output ports, each backed by 500W of raw charging power, integrated 7S balancers, USB connection, free software and much more we do not think you can find more value for money anywhere.

Have a look for yourself – order online today and receive your order before February 1st.

Check out Hyperion EOS 0720i Super DUO3 here

January 18, 2011
Filed under: New products,News — go-flight @ 09:36 Comments (26)

26 Comments »

1. What is the output power at 12V input voltage?

Comment by jt — January 20, 2011 @ 20:02

2. What power source out there will be able to provide enough power to take advantage of this charger that people can afford? How about manufacturing your own power supply that will work with this charger or come out with a list of approved power supplies that will work with these dual output chargers? Just a suggestion.

Comment by gkg — January 25, 2011 @ 02:01

3. Thanks for your suggestions. More and more high-voltage power supplies are coming out that suited for retail sales. We are monitoring this development and would like to provide recommendations as soon as we have solid data.

Comment by go-flight — February 2, 2011 @ 19:27

4. You will get approximately 300W power at 13.8V

Comment by go-flight — February 2, 2011 @ 19:28

5. I got my 720 s duo 3 two weeks ago. I am using a maxamps 24 volt/ 47 amp power supply. This thing is awesome. It charges two of my 4 cells at the same time in less than tweenty minutes. I have complete control using my notebook. One word- AWESOME!

Comment by Chris J — February 8, 2011 @ 12:45

6. Will each port output 300W at 13.8V input, for a total output power of 600W?

Comment by 3Dmuse — February 8, 2011 @ 17:26

7. @3Dmuse:
    Yes, each port will be able to provide 300W at 13.8V

Comment by admin — March 3, 2011 @ 13:39

8. How much discharge power does it have?

Comment by Blomman — March 9, 2011 @ 10:59

9. i have a HYPERION EOS 0720I NET3 and the plastic sides were tweaked when the charger over haeted once. im talking about the grey plastic pieces on each end. after the charger over heated they got all bent and out of shape. the charger seems to work fine so i would like to replace those pieces but i dont know who to email. can i buy those or maybe have them sent. i live in the united states, any information would be appreciated.

please email me at the email i provided
    pete

Comment by Pete — March 23, 2011 @ 10:38

10. Since you are in the States, please try to contact Empire Hobby LLC (http://www.empirerc.com), they might have some spares from returned chargers and it will probably be cheaper to have them ship it to you.

If unsuccessful, please use the RMA form at http://www.hyperion-eu.com/support/rma/ to create a case and we will get back to you.

/Hyperion Europe

Comment by admin — March 23, 2011 @ 21:36

11. GREAT CHARGER…Just got mine…can’t get any better than this!!

Steve

Comment by Steve Esposito — February 26, 2012 @ 15:46

12. I`ve a 615i charger DUO3 I want to update, but I quetion the posse if the charger is 615iDUO3+ or 615iDUO3. <
    What art that defined the +
    Celon of the my model # is HP-EOS615iDUO3

I want a confirmation that my charger is + please

J`ai un chargeur 615iDUO3 que je veux mettre a jour, mais je me posse la quetion si le chargeur est 615iDUO3+ ou.<
    Qu’es qui définie le +
    Celons le # de model est HP-EOS615iDUO3

Je veux une confirmation que mon chargeur est + SVP

Comment by David Richard — July 11, 2012 @ 03:33

13. I bought this Hyperion EOS 720i Super Duo 3 From MaxAmps.com Alomg with a 24 Volt 115V Power Supply & it is the BEST Charger I have ever owned!

Comment by Steven Esposito — August 22, 2012 @ 00:23

14. If it’s the “+” version, it will say so on the faceplate in the name of the charger right above the LCD screen like on this photo: http://www.newheading.com/img/prod/HP-EOS0615iDUO3+.jpg

If there is no plus, it’s not the plus version.

Hope it helps!

Comment by admin — August 22, 2012 @ 08:39

15. WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN I GET A “sYNC COMMAND ERROR’ AT THE END OF MY CHARGING CYCLE WEN I GO TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERIES??

Comment by Steven Esposito — August 30, 2012 @ 01:40

16. I have the 720i Duo3 and I was charging normally using my car battery, at some point the display went off, I try to used with my laptop and nothing now all I get is errors when try to charge any battery, it says no battery and also read 7 cells when only 6 cells are present. I do not know but can the chargers be used with a car battery?

Comment by Rodolfo Herrera — December 26, 2012 @ 02:57

17. I have an EOS 0720i DUO3 on order, please advise what PSU specs are recommended, I don’t want to downgrade the charger with an underpowered PSU.
    You must have some basic stats….. Please.

Comment by Martin — January 16, 2013 @ 21:42

18. Hi Martin,

We normally recommend a 1000W 24V power supply to power the EOS 0720i Super DUO3. Our setups all use a PSU with those specs, and we haven’t had any problems, even though in theory, the PSU should be able deliver a little bit more than what the charger is specified to deliver, just to have some headroom.

If you use a 12V power supply (eg. a car battery), you won’t be able to use the full 2x500W output on the Super DUO, only about half (2x250W) will be available when powered on less than 24V.

Comment by admin — January 21, 2013 @ 15:58

19. Hi Rodolfo,

Your can use a car battery as the power supply for our chargers, but for the Super DUO, you will only be able to utilize the charger up to about 50%, when powered on 12V, you need between 24V and 28V to use all the 2x500W.

If you haven’t already found a solution, please let us know as described below.

If you purchased the charger within EU, please fill out the form at http://hyperion-eu.com/support/rma/ from where the RMA team will handle the case. Otherwise, please contact your local dealer where you purchased the charger and check with them on how to get help.

Comment by admin — January 21, 2013 @ 16:31

20. hello, I wanted to see if it is normal that my charger works only two of the three fans you have on your back side, me on just the right-center. I left it turned on. Idk if this is normal and that only happens if you need garment or this failed. I have a hyperion 720i DUO3. thanks

Comment by Carlos Javier Lara — June 15, 2013 @ 18:48

21. Hyperion EOS 0720i Super DUO3 USB port not working

I bought my Hyperion EOS 0720i Super DUO3 from PowerHobby.com (USA) in April this year and it’s still working, but just recently the USB port stopped working.

I can still charge all my packs using the push-buttons and built-in display, but I have an old laptop dedicated to my charging station to track charging, graphs, and IR etc. , which of course no longer works.

I contacted Powerobby.com a few weeks back but had no reply – does anyone know the a manufacturer contact details so that I can try them direct ?

Comment by Ron — July 18, 2013 @ 06:36

22. Hi Ron,

For the US, you need to contact the place where you purchased the charger, and if that fails, try to get a hold of the US distributor Empire Hobby LLC (http://www.empirerc.com) and see if they can help.

Comment by admin — July 18, 2013 @ 10:55

23. Hi,

The fans can throttle up and down depending on the load of the charger, but I’m unsure whether or not it is suppose to switch one of them fully of. If even under heavy load, only two fans are running, it could just be the connector, but feel free to contact your dealer and have them check it out.

Comment by admin — July 18, 2013 @ 10:58

24. Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Empire Hobby LLC – they responded very promptly, and gave me an RMA document to include with the defective charger when sending it to Power Hobby for a replacement.

Next problem, Power Hobby still not responding to emails, so cant get the return address – this tardy business by Power Hobby makes me concerned that I send my defective (but still working) charger for replacement and never hear from them again.

Comment by Ron — July 20, 2013 @ 13:27

25. I have read a number of reports that the Hyperion EOS chargers have a problem with their USB ports and its sensitive to the power supply arrangement – please confirm, and if there’s anything that I need to do.

I use two 12V 47A HP server power supplies.

Comment by Ron — July 20, 2013 @ 15:44

26. Hi,
    I have my new replacement charger connected to my two 12V 47A HP power supplies, and charged all my battery packs with the USB interface working on my laptop that’s permanently assigned to my charging station.

Although its working now, I’d still like a response to my above question (No. 25).

Comment by Ron — August 1, 2013 @ 18:48